Ether Dream - Downloads
NOTE - This page is for the previous Ether Dream 1. See Ether Dream 2 downloads.
The Ether Dream driver implements several APIs for remote control of Ether Dream devices. No installation or setup is needed, other than putting the DLL file in the drivers directory of the application software.
This tool will locate and display basic information about any Ether Dream visible on the local network:
All Ether Dream source is on GitHub.
Firmware update 0.5.4
Steps to install firmware 0.5.4 on an Ether Dream:
- Download and extract libusb-win32-bin-184.108.40.206.zip. Navigate
bindirectory and run
- Connect the Ether Dream directly to your computer with a USB cable; leave the Ethernet port on the Ether Dream disconnected. Power on the Ether Dream.
- Click "next" in
inf-wizardto reach the Device Selection screen. You should see a device with Vendor ID 0xFFFF, Product ID 0x0005, Description "USBSerial". Select it and click "next".
- Leave all the fields on the Device Configuration page at their default values. Click "next". You will
be prompted for a location to save a .inf file; anywhere will work. Then, click "install now" to
install the drivers needed for the firmware update. Once done, close
- Download update-v0.5.4.exe and run it. It should detect the Ether Dream, reset it, and put it into firmware update mode; when the DAC is ready, click "Update". If the program stops at "Resetting", try closing and reopening it; leave the DAC connected.
- Once the update is complete, close the updater program and disconnect the DAC.
- Download and extract libusb-win32-bin-220.127.116.11.zip. Navigate to the